What is Excavation Work?
Before the construction of your farm structures or home can begin, the landscape needs to meet architectural and engineering standards. To do this, the property needs to be professionally excavated, which involves the movement of soil, rock, and additional debris to create space for the construction. During this process, your excavation contractors will be digging, grading, and leveling the land to prepare it for the following:
- Sewer lines
- Driveways, sidewalks, pathways, and roads
Elite Contracting Provide The Best Excavation Service in Kamloops, BC
Preparing For Excavation
Before the dig begins, all permits, zoning, and engineering plans must be completed. As your farm and home excavation contractors, we work closely with permit services, utility companies, and land surveyors to prepare the area for excavation. We also ensure the area is clear of potential obstacles such as trees, boulders, logs, roots, etc. to start with a clean and stable environment.
1. DemolishingIf there are pre-existing structures on the property, we will remove them with minimal damage and disturbance to the rest of the land.
2. TrenchingTo make room for utilities, foundations, pools, and more, we will dig a hole that’s deeper than it is wide, otherwise known as trenching.
3. BackfillingWe will reuse or replace the soil that is removed during the excavation to protect the foundation and partially form the substructure.
4. Tie-In-ServicesTo ensure your property runs smoothly, our experts will dig and run water and sewer tie-in lines from the municipal water main to your residential or commercial building.
5. Trenching UtilitiesDuring the excavation of your property, we will trench the area to make room for utilities such as gas and water mains, pipelines, communication lines, and a variety of other underground infrastructures.
6. Driveway PrepBefore laying the driveway, any debris, turf, and topsoil will need to be removed, followed by precise digging to the correct depth.
7. Retaining WallsEspecially important in wet climates, retaining walls prevent soil from shifting or sliding on sloped lots.
8. Pool ExcavationLooking to include a swimming pool in your backyard? We can ensure your pool is levelled, safe, and excavated with the correct dimensions.
9. Road BuildingFrom the demolition and grading to subbase stability, asphalt installation, and rolling, we can ensure your roads are smooth and safe.
10. Snow RemovalOverwhelmed by the amount of heavy snow on your property? Our Kamloops excavation team has the equipment to clear your property quickly and thoroughly for optimal accessibility.
11. GradingOnce the foundations have been poured and filled, it’s crucial that the base is level to a specific slope. This promotes surface drainage, improves the landscape, and acts as the base for driveways, sidewalks, and roads.
12. HaulingOur professional excavation contractors ensure the thorough removal of any dirt, debris, and rubble from the site.
13. Foundation Repairs
If the concrete beneath your property is in distress, this can lead to major structural damage. Issues with the foundation typically stem from water damage or unstable clay and soil beneath, causing cracks, structural damage, and loss of real estate value.
14. Window Wells
To protect your windows from water damage when installed below grade on your building’s exterior, proper drainage is a must. With our mini excavator, our team install a window well to seal entry points and promote drainage.
15. Fence Post Auguring
To ensure the stability of fence and deck builds, our team will drill a precise line of perfect holes using an augur.
16. Digging Pits
We can provide quick and accurate pit digging without damaging your property.
For rural residents, dugouts (or ponds) can be manually constructed to ensure you have a water reservoir for your livestock, crops, household uses, and aquaculture.
Kamloops Commercial and Residential Excavation Contractors
Interior Elite Contracting Ltd.
Phone: (250) 828-9545
We provide free quote anywhere in the Kamloops Area.